MacOS and the fact that Macs are simply the best built machines around. There are people who prefer using Windows machines, but MacBook and its MacOS just suits me and my needs better.
- VERY VERY reliable
- Almost no viruses
- Free iWork suite (basically Apple’s verson of Microsoft Office)
- Second-to-none screen quality
- Better keyboard (other laptops pales in comparison because it’s wobbliness and mushiness, but it all comes down to your preference)
- Rarely needs any repair, or even never at all
- Really good battery life, I never carry my charger around
- Great speaker in such a slim form
- That HUGE trackpad makes life so much easier
- Gorgeous design
- This one never got the attention it deserved, the headphone audio quality is LEAPS ahead of the competition, especially cheaper alternatives
- Not the greatest value for your money, same/similar specification can be found for far less
- MacOS might not be for everyone
- Non-upgradable, you’re stuck with what you have
- Apple’s “courage” to remove every single port except 3.5mm and replace it with USB-C
- Smaller library of apps compared to Windows
- You simply cannot game in MacBooks
Overall, I think MacBooks are geared towards office use and creative professionals/individuals, because it excels in that regards, but it is not for tech enthusiasts looking to mess with their computers, as there’s not much to modify at all.
MacBooks will also last you a long time, and Windows machines are catching up as well in that aspect. All machines will eventually slow down to the point where it needs to be replaced, but MacBooks generally takes longer to reach that point.